Izmir Science High School was founded in 1983. The abbreviation of Izmir Science High School is İFL. The school’s building is located in Aegean University Campus.
Ege Üniversitesi Kampüsü 35100 Bornova İzmir
Tel: +90 232 3881030
Fax: +90 232 3426060Web Address: www.ifl.k12.tr
- Education building
- Male and female dormitories
- Large dining hall (for 200 people)
- Closed sports center (for 300 people)
- Basketball, football and volleyball courts
- Activity room (for watching TV, reading newspaper etc.)
- 13 Classrooms
The school has got Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer laboratories. The school takes 72 students by an exam every year. Our school is a boarding school. So two or three students share a room.SUCCESS FIELDS
Our school is very successful in the Entrance of the University Exam. So most of the graduates of our school are accepted to the well-known universities in Türkiye.
OUR SCIENTIFIC PROJECTS and OLYMPIC STUDIES:
Olympics and Projects are organized by Turkish Science and Research Organization. İFL has got 156 regional, 157 national and 42 international medals. Many projects of our school were exhibited at international shows and won lots of prices.
FACILITIESThe students can join the activities of the Aegean University and they can use the pool and library etc. As İzmir is the third biggest city in Türkiye, so many activites are organized in different parts of the city for the people who are involved in. The students can join and enjoy very much by means of these activities.
- Journeys: Every year IFL arranges lots of travels to different parts of Türkiye such as Çanakkale, İstanbul, Ankara, Bursa, Kuşadası…etc
- Annual Picnic: Cooking the lamb on a stick on a fire
- Theatres: We perform two plays in each year.
- Sports activities: We participate in sports competitions such as volleyball, basketball, football and table tennis etc.
- Club Works
- Olympiad feast
- Poems and Concerts activities.
We are İFL that training individuals who needed for our time and who produce, search and think creative.
Our goals are
- Preparing our students to universities as committed to Atatürk’s principles and reforms.
- Teaching them to communicate well and positive with their environment.
- Telling them the importance of using scientific methods when solving the problems.
- Making them erudite, skillful, self-reliant and teaching them with considering their personal abilities.
- Making them inclined to teamwork and cooperation as well as leadership.